Hola Reformistas, this is a call for nominations for our 2017-2018 chapter officers! Past officers of REFORMA Phoenix will surely attest to the learning opportunity afforded by leadership positions in our chapter. Do you have a desire to bring innovation and positive changes to enhance information and library service to Latinxs and our Spanish-speaking communities in the Phoenix area? Do you want to build leadership and collaborative skills in the library profession? Are you looking for ways to build your professional service and community involvement? Or, perhaps you know someone who would like to participate in bringing freshness and service to REFORMA Phoenix? Current MLIS students are eligible for nomination.
We are looking for you! Email the current President Antonio Apodaca at AntonioRamonApodaca@gmail.com with your name, brief bio, and short statement of interest.
Nominate yourself or others for the following positions:
- President – Responsible for managing the vision and mission of the chapter. May be required to fill in as needed in various roles throughout REFORMA Phoenix. Acts as an advocate for the chapter, coordinating networking sessions and professional development campaigns.
- Vice-President/President Elect – The VP/PE shall assist the President in the performance of her/his duties and shall take over all such duties in the absence of the President.
- Secretary – The Secretary shall be in charge of the recording and the preservation of all records, publications and history regarding the functions and activities of the Chapter. S/he will also be in charge of all official correspondence as assigned by the President.
- Treasurer – The Treasurer shall be in charge of handling all financial matters of organization. S/he shall keep records regarding all income and disbursements, shall make all necessary reports to the IRS, and shall present a Treasurer’s Report at each General Meeting. The signature of the President or the Treasurer will be necessary for all disbursements. All records of this office shall be passed on to the succeeding officer elected to this position should the existing Treasure not continue in this position.
- Public Information Officer – PIO will be in charge of social media and marketing Chapter projects and efforts. S/he shall develop, create and maintain social media content, blog posts, press releases, monthly newsletters, and member spotlight write-ups. The PIO will work with the web person to coordinate communication via the Chapter website.
Nominations will be accepted from now until June 15. A ballot of candidates shall be presented and approved in a virtual REFORMA Phoenix meeting in July. Please be sure that your nominee’s REFORMA membership is current. Thank you for helping us bring another exciting and effective year of service!
DEADLINE: Thursday, June 15, 2017