The Arizona Library Association invites all library and information professionals to submit program proposals for the 2018 AzLA Annual Conference, to be held at the Mesa Convention Center, in Mesa, Arizona, October 25-26, 2018.
The conference theme: Libraries Transform Because Access Equals Opportunity
Libraries Are America’s Most Democratic Institutions
Libraries ensure people have access to information and lifelong learning regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, language, income, physical limitations or geographic barriers. Libraries strengthen communities and help create a more literate and just society.
With over 17,000 library buildings and bookmobiles (some of which serve as mobile Internet access points) in communities, public libraries are essential community institutions that deliver the resources their communities need to thrive.
Take the next step: What can you do to help spread the word about the important role of libraries in people’s lives?
The submission deadline for 60-minute session program, poster, roundtable or blitz session proposals has been extended to May 21, 2018.
- Please list one of the presenters as a primary contact person for the proposal.
- The information entered into submission form will be included in the Online Program Book if proposal is accepted.
- Presenters are required to provide their own laptops.
- If accepted, presenters will be required to post details about their presentations in the Online Program Book.
- Divisions and Interest Groups interested in conducting a meeting should consider a presentation or short program to increase attendance.
- Leadership and Staff Development: Explore leadership, management, and organizational/career development issues, trends, and best practices.
- Children and Young Adults: Share exciting, practical, and theoretical ideas and information about serving children and young adults.
- Information Literacy and Teaching: Focus on instruction techniques, theory, information literacy, and classroom trends and topics.
- User Services: Explore collection development topics, new trends in designing user spaces, and improving public services.
- Technology and Tech Services: Explore ideas and information about digital library issues, metadata standards, and hot new technology trends.
- Library Outreach, Marketing and Advocacy: Teach others how to create partnerships, be aware of legislative issues, advocate for libraries, and utilize new marketing techniques and ideas.
Fill out the one-page proposal form on the AzLA website.
For more information visit the conference page at https://2018.azla.org/
Online registration for the conference will open in August 2018. Contact the AzLA Association Management Office for questions about registering for the conference or if you need assistance with your username and password. They can be reached at (480) 609-3999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-Chairs, AzLA 2017 Program Subcommittee